- COMPREHENSIVE TESTING PACKAGE
- MICROSCOPIC BLOOD ANALYSIS
- DRY BLOOD ANALYSIS
- FOOD INTOLERANCE TEST
- HEALTH ASSESSMENT
- ZINC LEVEL TEST
- PH TEST
- TOXICITY TEST
- DIGESTIVE STOOL ANALYSIS
- OMEGA 3
- REFERRAL TESTING
- HAIR TISSUE MINERAL ANALYSIS
- BLOOD TYPE TEST
- GENETIC TEST
- PYRROLE TEST
- SALIVARY HORMONE LEVELS TEST
Iridology is the analysis of iris structure and pigmentation of the eye. Our Naturopaths use iridology to determine the current state of your health, your individual predisposed areas of
vulnerability and emotional and behavioural triggers. So much information about you can be found just from looking at the patterns, colours and characteristics of your eyes.
COMPREHENSIVE TESTING PACKAGE
At your initial consultation your Naturopath may recommend our Comprehensive Naturopathic Testing. This package includes the Microscopic Blood Analysis and Dry Blood Analysis. Together these tests give your practitioners a clear picture of your current state of health at a cellular level.
- Microscopic Blood Analysis – this test gives us a clear picture of your current state of health, including nutritional deficiencies, digestive issues, oxidative stress, immune system imbalance, inflammation, allergies and more.
- Dry Blood Analysis – this test looks at the degree of oxidative stress in the body, particularly which organs or systems are under stress. This test tells us about your adrenals (stress burnout), thyroid, hormonal balance, food intolerance (not specific), parasites, yeast, bowel toxicity, lymphatic toxicity, heart stress, lung stress and kidney stress. This test is a guide only and not used for diagnostic purposes.
MICROSCOPIC BLOOD ANALYSIS
A Microscopic Blood Analysis gives your practitioner great insight into your current state of health and is so simple to do. A small drop of blood is placed under a high-powered
microscope and projected onto a large monitor for you to see. From there your practitioner can analyse all the living components. The test can assess the following:
- Nutritional deficiencies, including iron, B12, folic acid and essential fatty acids.
- Digestive issues like leaky gut syndrome and liver stress.
- Oxidative damage due to stress, smoking, alcohol or other poor lifestyle habits.
- Immune system balance.
- Digestive health including digestion of fats.
- Parasitic infections.
- Allergic tendencies.
DRY BLOOD ANALYSIS
The Dry Blood Analysis looks at the degree of oxidative stress in the body, particularly which organs or bodily systems are under stress. Through a small drop of blood your Naturopath
can assess your adrenals, thyroid, hormonal balance, food intolerance (not specific foods), parasites, yeast overgrowth, bowel toxicity, lymphatic toxicity. Please be mindful this test is
a guide only and is not used for diagnostic purposes.
FOOD INTOLERANCE TEST
A food intolerance is your body’s abnormal reaction to certain foods. The most common symptoms include severe headaches, bloating, irritable bowel syndrome, tiredness and fatigue, skin conditions and respiratory problems. For many it is difficult to determine if they have an intolerance because they been suffering and adapting to their symptoms for so long. Using a small sample of blood taken from a finger prick, we can determine whether you have IgG antibodies to specific foods in your system. We can test for 46 different foods, including:
- Cereals – corn, durum wheat, gluten, oats, rye, wheat
- Nuts and beans – almond, brazil nut, cashew, cocoa bean, peanut, soya bean, walnut, legumes (pea, lentil, haricot)
- Meats – beef, chicken, lamb and pork
- Fish – freshwater fish (salmon, trout), shellfish (shrimp, prawn, crab, lobster, mussels), tuna, white fish (haddock, cod, plaice)
- Vegetables – broccoli, cabbage, carrot, celery, cucumber, leek, capscicum (red, yellow, green), potato, garlic, ginger and mushroom
- Fruits – apple, blackcurrant, grapefruit, olive, orange, lemon, strawberry, tomato and melon (cantaloupe, watermelon)
- Other – egg, cow’s milk, tea and yeast
Our health assessment is a snapshot of your general health and wellbeing. We test your toxicity, zinc levels and pH in order to determine the challenges you face and how we can best help you achieve optimum health.
- Zinc Level Test
- pH Test
- Toxicity Test
ZINC LEVEL TEST
A simple taste test is used to determine the level of zinc in your body. A low zinc level is very common and can be detected by swirling a special fluid in your mouth. Zinc deficiency can be associated with:
- Poor absorption of vitamins and minerals.
- A compromised immune system.
- Eating disorders.
- Food sensitivities and allergies.
- Recurrent infections.
- Hair loss.
- Skin disorders.
- Learning and behavioural problems in children.
A pH test measures the acid/alkaline balance of your system using urine and saliva samples. Virtually all degenerative diseases – including cancer, heart disease, arthritis and osteoporosis – are associated with excess acidity in the body. These imbalances can be rectified using diet and herbal medicine.
TOXICITY TEST USING QUADSCAN
Our toxicity test measures your body composition and overall health at a cellular level. Your cellular health is then determined from toxicity, inflammation, muscle mass and quality, muscle to fat ratio, cellular fluids and vitality of your cells. We can then calculate the difference between your chronological age and your biological age. To determine body composition this test measures:
- Overall weight
- Fat tissue
- Muscle tissue
- Extracellular fluids
- Skeletal tissue
- Body mass index
DIGESTIVE STOOL ANALYSIS WITH METABIOME
A comprehensive test for microbiome composition and function. This at home test gives your Naturopath profound insight into your digestive health and gut microbiome. This test provides a comprehensive picture of the spectrum of microbes living in your gut and their potential activity. Through this test report your Naturopath can gain understanding of how your unique microbiome and how it may be affecting your health, they can then work with you to create a targeted treatment plan specific to your individual needs.
OMEGA-3 INDEX PLUS
This simple finger prick test measures red blood cell omega 3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA), omega 6: omega 3 ratio and total trans fats. The results provide your practitioner with a practical assessment of your fatty acid status; particularly useful for those at risk of certain conditions including cardiovascular health concerns.
As well as our in-house testing, we can also arrange for the following tests if needed:
- Salivary Hormone Levels Test.
- Methylation Gene Test.
- Salivary cortisol and DHEA Test.
- Digestive Stool Analysis.
- Genetic Test.
- Pyrrole Test.
HAIR TISSUE MINERAL ANALYSIS
This is a non-invasive test used to measure the level of minerals and heavy metals in your body. We simply cut a small sample of untreated, uncoloured hair from the nape of the neck or back of the scalp to test.
Minerals are essential for growth, healing, vitality and wellbeing. An imbalance in minerals can lead to conditions such as:
- Cardiovascular disease.
- High cholesterol.
- High blood pressure.
- Learning difficulties and hyperactivity in children.
- Thyroid disorders.
While it is ideal that we get all the minerals we need from a balanced diet, modern living makes this extremely difficult. Hence, it is more important than ever to measure our mineral levels and correct them where necessary.
BLOOD TYPE TEST
Each blood type has different characteristics that allow you to digest and assimilate food. By taking just two drops of blood, we can determine your blood type – O, A, B or AB. We use this to discover foods you may be incompatible with and come up with specific dietary guidelines just for you.
Your genes contain all the information required to construct, regulate and maintain all of your bodily processes. By conducting a genetic test, we can determine your specific nutritional, lifestyle and environmental requirements to help manage any current conditions or prevent the onset of conditions in the future.
Using a cheek swab or saliva sample, we can determine if you have a predisposition to common diseases and conditions like diabetes, as well as how you metabolize nutrients and medications.
Pyrrole may be a relatively unknown condition, but it affects over 10% of the population. It is characterised by the abnormal metabolism of haemoglobin, which leads to the excretion of excessive amounts of zinc and B6 in urine.
This condition can have a profound effect on a patient’s mental and physical health as a result of the underlying nutritional deficiencies. Pyrrole is also a marker of oxidative stress, which occurs in the body as a result of physical and emotional distress.
Conditions associated with Pyrrole include depression, anxiety, ADD/ADHD, autism, tourette syndrome, alcoholism, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
SALIVARY HORMONE LEVELS TEST
This test requires a sample of saliva to determine hormonal imbalances and the potential impact this can have on physical and emotional health. An imbalance can result in weight gain, mood swings, night sweats, disturbed sleep patterns, loss of libido and hot flushes. Results make it possible for practitioners to individualise treatment to establish the best hormone balance for you.