Our goal at Mullen Natural Health Centre is to help you feel the best you possibly can – whether it’s your first time visiting, or you’ve been a client for years.
Our Treatment Steps – What to Expect
Visit 1 – Initial Consultation
In this appointment your Naturopath will take the time to get to know you and gain an understanding of your goals, lifestyle, diet and health history. They will take you through your FREE initial health testing (valued at $43) to provide a starting point for understanding your current health status and a guide for developing your treatment plan.
The health assessment includes:
- Iridology assessment – like fingerprints, no two irises are alike and these unique markings on the iris can give an incredible insight into your individuality. Our Naturopaths use iridology to determine the current state of your health, your individual predisposed areas of vulnerability and emotional and behavioural triggers.
- pH test – most degenerative diseases are associated with excess acidity in the body. A pH test measures the acid/alkaline balance of your system using urine and saliva samples.
- Zinc level test – zinc deficiency can lead to a weakened immune system, skin disorders, mental health issues, hair loss and child behavioural issues, among many other conditions. A simple taste test is used to determine your zinc level.
- Toxicity test using the Quadscan – our toxicity test measures your body composition and overall health at a cellular level. Your cellular health is then determined from toxicity, inflammation, muscle mass and quality, muscle to fat ratio, cellular fluids and vitality of your cells.
Your Naturopath will then discuss your treatment plan, which will follow one of the below treatment options based on your needs.
Your Treatment Options
Option One – Investigate further
You’ve suffered enough, it’s time to find out what your body is trying to tell you with these symptoms!
- Your Naturopath will recommend testing specific to your symptoms to determine the underlying cause of your health issues. This may involve an appointment with our testing technician for in-clinic assessments or pathology referrals for testing at an external pathology lab.
- Book individualised testing
- Book Results Visit – during this appointment, your Naturopath will discuss the outcomes of your testing and will provide you with a written report on those findings as well as individualised treatment tailored to you. Treatment may include herbal medicine and nutritional supplements, along with dietary and lifestyle advice.
- Based on your specific needs your Naturopath may recommend follow-on consults and maintenance consults.
Option Two – Relief from symptoms
You understand why you feel this way and you’re eager to get started on treatment!
- Your Practitioner will develop a treatment plan based on your symptoms and goals.
- Your Practitioner will treat your symptoms by prescribing herbal medicines and supplements specific to your health concerns.
- Provide dietary and lifestyle recommendations.
- Book Follow-On Consultations to monitor your progress and modify your treatment plan.
- No testing is required for this option, however, if you would like testing further down the track, mention it to your Naturopath at one of your follow-on consultations.
Visit 2 – Testing Appointment
Our most popular testing package is our Comprehensive Testing Package; however we offer a range of tests and your practitioner will make a recommendation based on your specific symptoms, health goals and budget. You can read more about our testing options here. Our qualified Testing Technician will facilitate your testing appointment which can take up to 40minutes depending on the type of testing you are having. We encourage you to bring a friend or family member with you to this appointment.
The Comprehensive Testing package includes:
- Microscopic Blood Analysis: this test gives us a clear picture of your current state of health, including nutritional deficiencies, digestive issues, oxidative stress, immune system imbalance, inflammation, allergies and more.
- Dry Blood Analysis: this test looks at the degree of oxidative stress in the body, particularly which organs or systems are under stress. This test tells us about your adrenals (stress burnout), thyroid, hormonal balance, food intolerance (not specific), parasites, yeast, bowel toxicity, lymphatic toxicity, heart stress, lung stress and kidney stress. This test is a guide only and not used for diagnostic purposes.
Visit 3 – Results Visit
At your Results Visit; your Naturopath will explain your test results and recommend your individual treatment plan. This will involve dietary and lifestyle recommendations as well as supplements specific to your test results. Here you will gain a thorough understanding of your current health status and learn how to reach your health goals. We encourage you to bring a friend or family member with you to this 45minute appointment for support as there is a lot of information delivered to you. Following your Results Visit your Practitioner will recommend a schedule of follow-on appointments; at each appointment you can expect to discuss the progress of your health, goals, symptoms, talk through any road blocks and modify your treatment plan based on your progress.
Your Naturopath will recommend a schedule of follow-on appointments aimed at achieving your health goals in the shortest period of time. Follow-on consults allow you and your Naturopath to modify your progress and make changes to your treatment goals and plan based on your needs. We strongly encourage follow-on consults as they are important for your progress, they are a commitment to your health and they keep you accountable helping you to achieve your goals sooner. Remember, consistent appointments with your Naturopath is like having your own personal health cheerleader and guide!
Once you are feeling great, it is important to maintain your health. We recommend ongoing maintenance appointments as true preventative health care; this ensures your Naturopath can support you through changes in your health and life.
Herb Bar Appointments
The Herb Bar offers FREE mini phone consults with our experienced Naturopaths. If you’re not ready to jump straight into a longer consultation or if you have one or two health concerns you would like addressed quickly, then the Herb Bar is for you!
Private Health Fund Rebates
Due to legislative changes made by the Australian government, from 1st April 2019 a range of natural therapies including Naturopathy are no longer covered by private health insurance. As of January 2020, this decision to remove these natural therapies came under review and is currently ongoing. We are hopeful that in the future we will see Naturopathy covered by health funds again!
Time is the essence; both yours and ours. All of our Naturopaths have waitlists with patients eager to get an appointment. With this in mind, if you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, we ask your assistance in providing 24 hours’ notice so another patient can be allocated this time. Cancellations within a 24hr period will incur a $50 cancellation fee and if you fail to attend an appointment, you will be required to pay a $50 deposit for future appointments. Read more about our cancellation policy here.
New Patient Deposits
A $50.00 deposit is required to secure your first appointment. The deposit is redeemable off your first appointment. Missed appointments or appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice will incur a forfeit of deposit. For first appointments rescheduled outside the 24 hour period, the deposit is transferred to the new appointment date. If you fail to attend your appointment you will be required to pay deposits for future appointments.
Our COVID-19 Policy
Please click here to read our COVID-19 policy. We are continually updating our policy based on the most current health information, therefore we encourage you to check in with our policy often.