- 10 Medjool dates
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 ½ cups buckwheat groats
- 1 ½ cups puffed quinoa
- 1 cup coconut, desiccated
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- ½ cup macadamias
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
NB – leave out nuts in final step to make this recipe nut free
1. Place dates, maple syrup, coconut oil and tahini in a food processor and process till smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add buckwhead groats, puffed quinoa, coconut, cacao powder and salt to the bowle and combine using your hands. You want the mixture to stick together so combine until it forms one large ball.
- Transfer the mixture to an oven tray and flatten. Drizzle with grapeseed oil and bake for 3- 40 mins as 120C.
- Check on the mixture half way through baking and break loosely to form clusters. Shake the tray or toss to ensure your clusters brown evenly.
- When the clusters have browned/ become crispy, remove from oven and allow to cool.