Chia seed puddings, especially ones like this recipe that have minimal sugar, are a fantastic way to keep your energy up through the day. Whether it be for breakfast, morning tea or as a rich treat of an evening, there are so many ways to jazz up these puddings and make them your own.
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 400ml can of coconut cream
- 2 heaped teaspoons of macca powder
- 2 heaped teaspoons of mesquite powder
- 2 heaped tablespoons of peanut butter *we buy our peanut butter from the Newcastle Farmer’s Markets on a Sunday. It’s really important to buy great quality ingredients, especially when dealing with spreads, as we want to be certain the added oils and salts are avoided as much as possible. If you can’t buy nut butter from a market near you, you could make your own or purchase some from your local health food shop. Scoop at The Junction sells freshly ground peanut butter if you so require.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. You can use a whisk, however we like to use our Thermomix.
- Serve in a bowl or in a glass container to take with you to work.