Granola is a great addition to puddings, parfaits and porridges, but they are often laden with sugars (natural or otherwise). This recipe uses only the sweetness from cinnamon, vanilla, maca and -optional- mesquite powder. You could of course add honey or maple syrup, but for the purposes of ketosis, in this recipe, we have not.
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 cup mixed nuts and seeds (macadamias, brazil nuts, pumkin seeds, buckinis, sunflower seeds)
- 1 cup of just nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 2 teaspoons of maca powder
- 1 teaspoon of mesquite powder (optional)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- Pour nuts, seeds and coconut into a medium size container. Add the powders and mix through the whole bowl. Pour over the coconut oil, mixing well so the whole mixture is glossy.
- Tip the mixture onto a baking tray and toast at 120 degrees for 30 minutes, then roast on grill setting for 2 minutes at 250 degrees or until brown.