- 165 g (5 3/4 oz/1 1/2 cups) oat flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tbs Love Your Gut powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 185 ml (6 fl oz/3/4 cup) coconut milk
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- rice malt syrup, strawberries and strawberry leaves and young fruit (optional), to serve
- 170 g (6 oz/2 cups) fresh young Thai coconut meat (see tip)
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/ 1/2 cup) coconut water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice such as honey (optional)
- To make the coconut yoghurt, whiz all the ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the yoghurt into an airtight container and chill in the fridge.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oat flour, baking powder, Love Your Gut powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, butter, eggs, stevia, vanilla and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until well combined. Set the batter aside for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Heat the waffle maker, spoon in a portion of batter and cook until golden.
- Leave on a wire rack to cool slightly and crisp up while repeating the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve topped with coconut ‘yoghurt’, rice malt syrup, strawberries and strawberry leaves and young fruit, if using.