This is a favourite in our house. My mother made it for us when we were children to get us to eat all our veggies and I have done the same with my family – except now everyone asks for it instead of complaining about it.
This is really easy and can be used for days for lunches as a veggie fry and an egg on top.
Please note that the more variety in the veg the better it tastes.
- Sweet Potato
- Place the hard veggies in the steamer – potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, carrot.
- Once cooked, place in a large bowl and mash.
- Place the soft veggies in the steamer – broccoli , cauliflower, zucchini, squash, beans, peas and/or anything else that you have on hand.
- Once cooked, place them in the large bowl with the other veggies and mash together.
- Add salt and butter to taste.